Buildings insurance

The council is responsible for insuring the structure and buildings of all its properties and leaseholders pay towards this cost as part of their service charges.

Our buildings are insured under Policy No:346141 and placed with Ocaso SA for all claims with incident dates occurring after 1 April 2017. The premiums are up to date.

How do I make a claim?

To make a claim, please contact Ocaso SA directly on 0344 856 2032. Lessees should claim damage on the building insurance within 30 days. Should you require any further detail regarding this policy, please contact CityWest Homes.

If an emergency arises that requires you to contact us, such as incidents concerning the communal areas of your building like damage to shared roof areas and hallways, please call your local estate office during working hours, for any other times please call the CityWest Homes out of hours emergency line on 0207 286 7412. The emergency contact for Ocaso SA is 0344 856 2032.

The Policy excess is £100 for each and every claim.


Please note that your insurance policy will not cover certain events such as if your flat has been unoccupied for more than 30 days. For full details on what the policy covers, excludes and other general information on such items as excess and payments limits please read the Household Building Insurance for Local Authorities booklet.

Please note that CityWest Homes does not insure your furniture, carpets, belongings or decorations against damage regardless of the cause. You need to take out your own home contents insurance.

Westminster City Council offers a home contents insurance policy specifically designed for our tenants and leaseholders. For further details click here.

Print page